Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Post-vacation update

    We left for our vacation on the 19th, and were gone for a week and a day.   We had a great time.  I was concerned about gaining weight while on vacation, but I didn't really want to "diet" either.  I tried a "middle of the road" approach.  I still ate a lot, and it sure was good!

    We were very active this vacation.  We went to the San Diego Zoo, and that place is not flat!  We walked up and down hills and stairs all day.  The next day we went hiking and toured the USS Midway.  We also spent two great days at Disneyland, and lots of walking is inevitable, as is eating treats!

    I decided to wait a few days after returning home to weigh in.  I figured it would take that long for my body to get back to normal.  So............ I stepped on the scale this morning......and....... I weigh exactly what I did on the 18th, the day before I left!  I'll take it!  Honestly, I can't believe it, because I really have no idea about weight maintenance.   I know about gaining, and I know about losing, but I don't know a lot about maintaining.  

  You see, my ultimate goal, after the weight loss, is to be able to maintain my weight.  Just about anybody can lose weight, but keeping it off is another story.  This vacation is a victory in that after it is over, I am right back on track to lose.  I didn't gain one ounce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment