Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me!

Eat less.


The news today and yesterday concerning weight loss were not good.  It said that most of the Biggest Loser contestants regained most of their weight, and some are even heavier.  This is really discouraging because we want to believe that once we lose the weight, we can eat "normally" again.

I am coming to terms with the fact that if I intend to lose more weight and keep it off, I must be vigilant about my weight for the rest of my natural life.   This is not what I want.  But the fact that this bothers me proves to me that I am still hung up about food and that it still holds too much of my affection. This is the real battle and the true goal: Not to be "addicted" to food.   I hate using the term "addiction" because nowadays an "addiction" is an"illness" that relieves me of responsibility.  If I want to, I can look around for someone or something to blame for my weight gain and I will find it.  I won't do that.    I take full responsibility.  It is the only way to get out and get ahead.

Good news is that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13  I will do my part.  I will eat less, and I will exercise. I will be vigilant about my weight so that I cannot fool myself. God will give me victory.  He will perfect that which concerns me. Psalm 138:8

No comments:

Post a Comment