Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Going hungry vs. getting hungry



Most of us shy away from dieting because we don't want to go hungry.  We've tried that in the past, and quite frankly, didn't like it.  I get weak and cranky.  And, on top of it all, there is a feeling of martyrdom and unfair suffering.

The Weighdown style of eating does not include going hungry, but getting hungry. Once you are truly hungry, you eat anything you want.  Not as much as you want, but anything you want.  I have discovered that once I get to true hunger, (not boredom) I really think about what it is that I want.  And since I can't/won't pig out, I think I am beginning to choose more wisely.  I mean, I can have a donut, but do I want it?  Sometimes I do!  Sometimes it's just enough knowing that I could if I wanted to, but I choose something else that is better for me in the long run.  Now, instead of obeying a diet, I get to choose. I get to live with the results of my choices.  Freedom!

I have lost 14 pounds in 3 months.  I am good with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment