Monday, August 3, 2015

Nehemiah!

I have been teaching from the book of Nehemiah for the past two weeks.  In this photo, supposedly, if you look down to the bottom, you can see part of the wall of Jerusalem that was constructed at that time.  I don't know if that's true, but it is a wall, and it is in Jerusalem, so I'll take it!

One thing that impresses me about Nehemiah was his patience.  He didn't just jump in and take over.  He waited, then he observed before making known what he wanted to do.  In my class of women, we know firsthand the pitfalls of jumping in impulsively to "help".  So often we make the mess worse by not observing and praying about how best to help.  I am so happy that the Word of God can teach us, not only how to be saved, but how to live here!

Lord, teach me patience and the skill of observation.  Help me to trust difficult situations to You, and not heed the urge to rush into situations without Your leading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment