Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Job

I have been reading the book of Job, which is not an easy thing to do.  That is why it is good to read according to a schedule, that way you don't skip the hard parts.

Anyway, one of the most applicable things I read in Job is not to assume anything about anyone else.  Job's three "friends" thought that they knew for sure why he was suffering, and didn't mind giving Job a piece of their mind.   They were wrong, of course.

Dear Lord, help me to keep my mouth shut, and control the thoughts in my mind.  Help me to be discerning in what I say, so that my words are helpful, encouraging and truthful.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished Job today. I actually love Job and I read always looking forward to the last couple chapters when God gives Job the "what for". I hope I'm never a friend like Job's. Great reminder though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ending, too. It is still interesting that although God greatly blessed Job, he never told him the "why". I guess there are just somethings that we'll find out in Eternity!

    ReplyDelete