Monday, August 24, 2015

Marching on in the wake of discouragement

   We march on!  No plodding along, not dragging our feet, not whining, complaining or spending the afternoon at a pity party.

   I have seen so many people around me going through tremendous trials. We belong to a large Church, and since we are in the Spanish Church, sometimes its weeks before I find out that a friend has been suffering a disappointment or huge trial.  As I see my sisters around me going through so many things, I am often at a loss as to what to say.  Sometimes a hug is just what they need, or a shoulder to cry on.

   But after the tears, I try to encourage them to march on!  As the song says, "God never moves without purpose or plan, when trying his servant, or molding a man".    My friend's father was admitted to the hospital with blood clots in his lungs.  She was afraid of the possibilities that faced her father.  My pastor/husband went to visit him at the hospital to witness once again to this man whom we have known for years.  That night, my friend's father became a believer in Christ.   God allowed this man to be put into a position to listen!  You know what?  He's still in the hospital, slowly growing in his young faith.  I told his daughters how pleased I was that he was still in the hospital.  I know that sounds weird, but being in the hospital  gives him the chance to mull over his decision before going back out into the world and his old life.

  How much change and growth we would miss if we didn't go through trials and tribulations!  As the years go by, I can see more clearly the attacks of the evil one, and I realize that they are opportunities to grow and give the glory to God.  Forgive me Lord when I allow disappointments and trials to make me lose my joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment