Friday, June 24, 2016

The Cost of Days Off

I have the power to choose.   I am not bound.  If I want to take a day off or a week off that is my choice.  It does not make me a loser or a failure.  What I am bound to is the consequences of my decisions.  We all must pay the piper and face the music.  Seems like it takes a day of being good to counteract one day of not-so-good. 

I took "off" for 5 days.  Totally my choice and totally worth it.  My consequences? Lost time.  You see, I did "gain weight".  I put those words in quotation marks because to gain 5 pounds of fat, which is what the scale said, I would have had to have eaten 15,000 extra calories.  In five days.   I don't even know if that is possible!  Still, that's what the scale said.

After a week back on track, I am now where I was the day I left.  So in reality, I did not gain nor did I lose any weight.  What I lost was time and momentum.  Two weeks of opportunity to lose weight.  Again, that was my choice.  Some folks are so pumped about their weight loss that continuing to diet while travelling is worth it to them.  They don't want to lose momentum.  That is their choice, and we all have the freedom to choose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment