Friday, June 3, 2016

Progress and a Milestone

                                      Wow! Don't I look thin in this photo?   Jk

   As of today, I have lost 19 pounds.  In the moment, the progress seems slow, but considering that I started on February 2, 2016, it's fast enough for me.  That is 4.75 pounds per month. Happy, happy happy!


  This is also a Milestone.  You know that quote "I wish I was as thin as the first time I thought I was fat"?   I now weigh just under what I weighed on that day, about 16 years ago, when I went to yet another doctor for help.  When he told me how much I weighed, tears welled up in my eyes, and I couldn't keep them from spilling onto my cheeks.  He prescribed fen-phen which was coming to an end of its popularity at the time.  I took it for a month, and it was great. I think I lost 8 pounds that month.  Unfortunately, fen-phen isn't good for you, so I stopped taking it.  It was at this same time that someone sent me the Weighdown Diet book and you know the rest.  Sadly, over the next 15 years, I gained the weight back and more.  Now, on the way back down, I am where I started, that day in the doctor's office.  It's a bittersweet moment and a time for me to reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment