Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Hitting the reset button

  We went to Lancaster, CA, for the Spiritual Leadership Conference last week.  It was great.  We also spent a day at Disneyland.  That's 2 and a half days sitting in a conference and 2 full days in a van. And on top of all, we ate good!  Neil and I had dinner one night at the Storyteller's Cafe at the Grand Californian and it was so nice!  Love, love, love Craftsman decor.  I want to live at the Grand Californian!
Needless to say, setbacks in weight loss were made.  Not too bad, but I am back on track.  I am so glad that I had a good time and enjoyed some delicious food.  It's all about long-term weight loss and management.  It's about getting back on track.  It's about not freaking out or feeling like a loser.

For almost everything, there is a reset button.  Did I fail at something last week?  I am only a failure if I let last week's failings to become a new habit.  Today is a new day.  I can be what I need to be today.  I can be obedient to God today.   I can focus on God today, regardless of yesterday.   Now, maybe I did something sinful, and I need to come to a place of repentance before I can move on, but move on I  can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment