Saturday, June 11, 2016

Dealing with people who are losing weight

I must admit, this meme stung.  It's not that I am fishing for compliments, it's just that this losing weight thing is a big deal.  Being fat is horrible, no matter what anyone says. Just because they make prettier clothes for big gals does not mean that I look good in them.  Losing weight is hard.  If it were easy, everyone would be thin!  It takes a great deal of effort to stay focused, because my natural tendency is to eat without thinking about it.   I like to go out to eat.  I like to cook.  I like to feed people tasty food.   I like reading about new recipes, and I like watching cooking shows.  I don't really like exercising.

I have only been successful in weight lost twice in my life.  I have dieted on-and-off so many times unsuccessfully so many times, I can't count them.  If you could have a heart-to-heart with any heavy person, they would tell you of the struggle.  They would tell you of the jealousy we feel when you tell us that you've never been overweight, and you eat whatever you want. They would tell you how frustrating it is when someone talks about their miracle diet.  They would tell you how frustrating and discouraging buying clothes is.

  So, if you have a friend or loved one who has found a way, please be patient. Please encourage them.  They may have a long journey ahead, and they want so desperately to make it. Pray for them!  I talked to several folks the other day who really need to lose weight for serious health reasons.  Let me tell you, even the fear of illness does not make weight loss any easier!  Like I said, if it were easy, we'd all be thin.

  Be an encourager.  Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment