Monday, January 30, 2017

The art of womanliness

    I have started devouring the content over at artofmanliness.com.   Weird, I know, but I really like a lot of what they have over there.   There is some stuff that is irrelevant to me as a woman, but a lot of it is relevant to anyone who wishes to improve themselves.  That phrase sounds so old-fashioned!   I have learned so much, but more importantly, I have been reminded of the importance of continuing to grow as a person, to be better than I was before.

  We are always talking about growing spiritually, and that is most important of all.  But I believe that our day-to-day lives are linked to our spiritual lives.  A godly woman should strive to be a good mom, a good housekeeper, a good cook and a competent home-economist.  First, because it is in Scripture in Titus 2.  Second, because  a good homemaker is such a blessing to herself and her family!  I am definitely not talking about a Pinterest-perfect mom, but I am striving to improve daily.

  I have also read at the Art of Manliness about what some men think about certain types of women.  Ouch!  I am still convinced that when women are womanly, men are encouraged to be the manly men that they long for.    Not that women should be weak, fearful or dumb.  We should find and embrace biblical womanliness.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment