Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Exercise and Mary Hunt.

So, I went to the gym for the first time this year.  I also had my class with Sandra on Monday, so all is proceeding normally.  I like this quote because  real progress is slow, and there really is no instant gratification.  

I have been thinking about the new year and my goals.  The weight loss thing I have figured out.  The paying off debt and saving I understand, but have not had the same progress, which is why I want to make it a priority.  It also goes without saying that Bible reading and Scripture copying are always on the top of the list.  I am doing really well there. I am doing a chronological reading this year, for the first time.  Also, I haven't missed a day of the Scripture copying, so that is good.  It's only the 4th, but hey, I like to look on the bright side!

I have said that I really like Dave Ramsey, and I do, but I would be wrong not to let you know about Mary Hunt.  I first heard Mary Hunt on Dr. Dobson's Focus on the Family radio show.  She told her testimony about getting 100,000 dollars in debt, without her husband finding out.  Can you imagine the stress of that much debt and the fact that you were hiding it from your husband?  Long story short, she paid off her debt, they're still married, and she makes a living helping people with her website, Debt-Proof Living.  

One of the practical things that I learned from her was this: if you spend money on something "on sale" that you didn't need, you didn't save money, you spent money.   She avoids malls and at first I didn't understand that, but now I do.  Not spending the money in the first place is better than buy stuff on sale.  

The quote above is about exercise, but to me, it's also about saving money.  Every effort is making a small change that one day will become hugely significant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment