Monday, August 22, 2016

The Pros and Cons of Daily Weigh-in

 

     I just love Pinterest!  I used to think that it was about crafts and decor.  It is so much more!   It is my hub of education.  I can find out about anything.   This is good and bad because there is so much that you really have to look at and read.  So many different opinions!  "Do this, do that." "You've been doing it wrong all these years!"  Really?  Is it that bad?  Everyone has something different to say about the frequency of weigh-ins.

   There are basically three different camps when it comes to weighing yourself.   1.  Daily weighing.
2. Weekly or monthly weighing.   3.  No weighing, just measuring.

   I belong to the first group.  This keeps me constantly accountable and aware. It helps me to stay focused.   There is one problem:
                                        THE DREADED FLUCTUATION

 My weight can fluctuate up to 3 pounds from one day to the next.  Three!  This can be rather discouraging unless I realize that it's temporary.  If I am good today about my food, it will be back to what it was yesterday, or even less!   What is important is to know that you cannot really gain 3 pounds of fat in one day, so you don't need to freak out and quit.  Now if you find your weight going up day after day, you really need to reevaluate your diet!  Figure out what works best for you and stick to it. Don't let fluctuations be a discouragement to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment