Friday, August 12, 2016

Frustration!

So it happened.  Weight loss has come to a screeching halt.  I am still doing the same things I was doing before, only the weight is not coming off.

Here's the plan.  I will continue to do what I have been doing.  I will not give up.  I continue to exercise.  I will continue to eat less.  I will be more vigilant of mindless snacking.

The exercise will be great, because even if I don't lose weight, I will continue to improve my body's shape, not to mention improve my physical condition.

I am kind of scared to share this because I really don't want people to start telling me to do this or that.   Seems like everyone is an expert.  I am the one who has to live with my decisions and my choices, long-term.  I have to remember that I got this far.  22 pounds lost.  I will break through this and I will continue to lose weight and get fitter.

I think of other people who are fighting battles similar to mine, but harder, like drug addiction and alcoholism.  It seems like you never get to a point where there is no battle.  Everyday is a struggle in this area and every defeat feels like failure.  I have not failed, even though I see no advance in the battle.  Every time I don't give in to temptation is a victory, even if I don't get approval from the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment