Sunday, November 8, 2015

Mini Vacation!

I went out to California for a few days last week to see my dear daughter.  Of course, there is nothing to do in Lancaster, so we met at Disneyland.  Honestly, it seems to bother people that we go so often, and we go as often as we can.  I often feel that I can't or shouldn't mention it, because of some people's negative reaction.  "You're going to Disney again?!?!?"

We live a wonderful life.  Every single day is a blessing and it is my great joy and privilege to serve the Lord.  We are so blessed.  But every once in awhile, it is so good to get out of the routine, and go someplace special.  Let me say it this way: if you don't want to go to Disneyland, fine.  Don't.  But go somewhere with your family!  You can be amazed to see how great it is to experience something wonderful as a family.  It is great to get away.  I love roadtrips!  We enjoy the journey.   I love the fact that it seems to me that my kids enjoy being with me as much as I enjoy being with them  We like hanging out together.  When was the last time you enjoyed an awesome fireworks show with your kids?

Life is work and work is a gift from God.  Work hard and teach your children to work hard.   But, teach them to play hard, too.  Both are a gift from God.  All good and perfect gifts come from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment