Friday, November 20, 2015

Getting ready for Thanksgiving!

From our first year here in Tucson, we have had a Thanksgiving Celebration on the Saturday before Thanksgiving for the Spanish Church at TBT.  This is our 5th year and we are so excited!  I'll be sure to post photos!

Thanksgiving is so important!  First, to remember the Pilgrims, what they did, what they went through and why. Second, to remember to be thankful to the One who gives us all we could ever need or want.

Thankfulness is a key ingredient to a happy, healthy life, and it's something that I want to cultivate in
my children.  Thankfulness is a powerful anti-depressant. Actually, it's more like a depression vaccine.  It's hard to stay discouraged when your are constantly remembering all that God has done for you.   Here are the lyrics to a song that has been a blessing to me recently.

Jesus Thank You
The mystery of the cross I cannot comprehend,
The agonies of Calvary.
You, the Perfect Holy One, crushed Your Son,
Drank the bitter cup reserved for me.

Your blood has washed away my sin,
Jesus, thank You.
The Father’s wrath completely satisfied,
Jesus, thank You.
Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table,
Jesus, thank You.

By Your perfect sacrifice I’ve been brought near,
Your enemy made Your friend.
Pouring out the riches of Your glorious grace,
Your mercy and your kindness know no end.

Your blood has washed away my sin,
Jesus, thank You.
The Father’s wrath completely satisfied,
Jesus, thank You.
Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table,
Jesus, thank You.

Lover of my soul
I want to live for You

Lover of my soul
I want to live for You

No comments:

Post a Comment