Wednesday, October 14, 2015

I am sick of politics!


I am so tired of all the complaining.  As everyone knows, I am as opinionated as the next person. (Probably more)  However, I am tired of the politics of politics.   I know that things are bad, and are probably going to get worse.  I vote, and I encourage others to do so.

But, I firmly believe, and I cannot say this emphatically enough, that if half the time spent complaining was spent in prayer for our country, we would have nothing to worry about!

No matter how many Facebook posts people put up about how bad the current administration is, if someone is predisposed to vote for that ticket, they will do so again.  Even if the Administration are baby-killers. "Don't confuse me with the facts" seems to be the attitude of the day.  People will vote what they think will be best for their own pocketbooks.

So, what is a christian to do?  Pray.  Vote and pray.  Pray some more.  Love those who disagree with you and pray for them.  Be a christian in action.  Pray and witness.  Pray and disciple someone.  Live the Truth.  "A man persuaded against his will is of the same opinion still" is still true.  Pray that the only One who can change his mind will do so.  Be prepared to accept that it might be God's will to allow our country to continue to sink, based on the fact the our nation has turned its back on the living God.

Instead of focusing on your candidate, focus on Jesus, and on bringing people to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment