Tuesday, August 7, 2018

25th Anniversary Edition

  Today is the big day!  Our 25th wedding anniversary.   I wanted to take this opportunity to wax poetic about marriage, except for the fact that I don't do poetry. 


    25 years is a long time and we are thankful to have made it this far.  We've both changed and grown, and yet somehow remained the same.  We gone through ups and downs, sickness and health, richer and poorer. My goal is to continue to improve and grow as a Christian.   I can say that if we are still together and still love each other, it is by God's grace alone.  We are all too selfish and proud to make marriage work on our own.

 I am thankful for and proud of my husband.  He has been through a lot this past year, as we all have, but he has had to shoulder huge burdens.  He has done so with grace and temperance. He has accepted this new ministry and all its challenges with determination and excitement.  And through it all, he has been thoughtful and caring of me and my needs and wants. 

 So, now that we are considered grown-ups, here's to the next 25 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment