Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Don't even know where to start

I haven't posted in ages and there are several good reasons for that.  I need to blog, but I really can't/don't want to blog about the major events of the past few months.  We've dealt with unimaginable tragedy and loss. Suffice it to say that we are now in a new town, new ministry and new life.  There are many folks we miss from our old home but when God has spoken, you obey.  Moving 1000 miles away is hard but nothing like the horror of being out of God's will.

  Neil now pastors a church in Edinburg, Tx, that is only a Spanish church.  They have about 90 folk, which is a great start.  They  all seem to have a sweet spirit and they are ready to work.  I am getting used to living here, and we are in the process of buying a new house.  We had a couple of false starts, but now it seems we are on track.  If all goes well, my house will be bigger and newer than my Tucson house.  The only problem is that I am thousands of miles away from the nearest Disney park, which those of you who know and love me,  understand that this is a real downer.  I can talk to my family on the phone anytime, and I do, but Disneyland is too far away.

It was Neil's birthday yesterday.  He turned 49. Cannot believe it.  Still doesn't act like he's 30 much less 49. Well, except for all the aches and pains.  But he's had those for ever. It was sweet to see everyone's Facebook birthday messages.

  I am curious to see why God chose to send us here.  It's interesting that He sent us to some place we'd never even heard of.

No comments:

Post a Comment