Saturday, April 9, 2016

Another weight loss milestone

I passed two really important weight loss milestones this week.  One, the 10-pounds marker.   That was really great because it has been a long time since I lost 10 pounds.
The second is this: this is the lowest I have weighed in the past 5 years.   I know this, because last time I dieted, I kept a journal.  I am lighter now than I was when I finished journalling last time.  And that was over 4 years ago.

I have learned a few things this time around.  Exercise by itself really doesn't help you lose weight.   If you put exercise and eating less together, it really makes a difference.

I make it a habit to go to bed empty, almost really hungry.  It seems that it is part of the consequences of eating past full so many times before.   It is a really good example of how you can be forgiven of past sins, but you still have to deal with the consequences of your actions.  God can forgive me for being gluttonous, but He doesn't just take away the fat.   I guess that for every time I went to bed stuffed, I will now have to go to bed hungry.  I am not complaining, because I could get up and eat anything I wanted to.  I choose to do it this way, so that I remember the discomfort that the sin of overeating causes.

I have also learned that a day off is not really just a day.  You see, if you are not going forward, you are going backward.  So a day off is one day, and then a day or two to recover.  So a day off is really a 3 day loss in my weight loss journey.  Looking at it that way, I can really choose wisely.  Do I really want a day off?  Is it worth it? Sometimes it is, often it is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment