Saturday, January 23, 2016

Joy!

I was asked to speak last week on "Serving with Joy".   As soon as I received the topic, I knew what I wanted to say.  Good thing, too, because when I got to researching joy in the Bible, it was overwhelming!  God not only wants us to serve with joy, he wants us to be joyful.

  I learned that joy, like suffering, anger and fear, is everywhere.  If you set your sights to discover it, you will find abundant joy that will make your burdens light.  God has given us so much to be joyful for.  If we are thankful, and if we praise him for what he has done, we will quickly discover the joy that he has prepared for us.

I also learned that you cannot be angry or fearful and joyful at the same time.  Joyful and sad, yes.  Joyful and angry?  Never have I seen it. Ever.

See these beautiful daffodils?   They bring me joy!   Thank you, Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment